While we were staying in Dumaguete, my friends and I decided to spend a day tour in Oslob, Cebu. We went whaleshark watching and also visit two nearby waterfalls! Click the link below to read more about my adventure in Oslob. 🙂
- How to get to Oslob from Dumaguete City?
- Swimming with the Whalesharks in Oslob
- Prices (as of September 2019)
- Need to save it for later? Pin it!
How to get to Oslob from Dumaguete City?
From Sibulan Port in Dumaguete take a Fastcraft (Php 62) or Pumpboat (Php 45) to Liloan Port. They run every 30 minutes from 5am to 7pm. Once we arrived in Liloan, we found a tricycle driver who could take us around the whole day – if I remember corrected we paid P1,500 (we were a group of 5 so, 300 each), excluding tip.
Contact for Tricycle Driver: Jomi +63965-269-6258
Once we arrived we had our breakfast at one of the nearby restaurants. I got Daing with egg. Yum!
Swimming with the Whalesharks in Oslob
Prices (as of September 2019)
|Price (for locals)||Price (for foreigners)|
|Just sitting in the boat||Php 300||Php 500|
|Snorkeling||Php 500||Php 1,000|
|Diving||Php 600||Php 1,500|
You can also rent an underwater camera for Php 500. If you have a USB flash drive they have copy all your photos there, but if not they can copy them onto a CD for Php 50.
- Come as early as you can, as it is only open until mid-day
- If you have your own snorkel gear, bring it!
- Listen during the orientation and listen also to the boat operators
- Look behind you while swimming in the water, sometimes the whales are suddenly swimming beneath your feet, hahaha
- Have fun!!! You only have 30 minutes so make the most of it 😛