Before starting this blog I had already traveled to a few places around the Philippines as well as out of the country, although some dating back to 2008. So I wanted to start a new series on called “#TravelbackThrowback”, where I’ll share with you all some photos and experiences from before I started my blog. Hope you guys enjoy! Part 1 is going to be about one of my favorite cities in the world, the city that never sleeps, the Big Apple, the ever famous and ever energetic, New York City!!!
The New York City skyline. I still remember this moment very clear. On the bus, seeing it for the first time, it’s just like how I saw it on TV and it made me feel all giddy inside!
It wasn’t a long trip, if my memory serves me correctly we stayed for only two days. But I loved it!
During this short but memorable trip to NYC I checked off a lot on my bucket list, just normal silly touristy things like:
- Go to Times Square
- Ride a New York Water Taxi
We rode one, going on the way to Liberty Island.
- See the Statue of Liberty in person
It was so beautiful!!! Unfortunately we didn’t to go to the top, but next time!
- Ride a New York City subway
- Eat a big slice of pizza in NYC
Can’t go wrong with huge $1 slices of pizza. Yummmmy!
- Buy a I heart NY
- Visit Chinatown
- Eat a New York bagel
I don’t have a photo of my bagel, but people don’t exaggerate when they say that NY has one of the best bagels in the world. Hahaha!
- Hang out at the huge Toys R Us store in Times Square
- See New York from the 86th floor of the Empire State Building
Rockefeller Center! Didn’t get to go up though.
Ahhh. Concrete jungle!!!
Here’s some of the things still on my New York bucket list:
- See New York from the top of the Rockefeller Center
- Take a carriage ride around Central Park
- Go to the Central Park Zoo
- Spend a day in the Met Museum (and take a photos outside on the steps, hello gossip girl!)
- Take a photo in Grand Central Station
- Walk the Brooklyn bridge
- Eat a Ramen Burger in New York
- Go inside the New York Public Library
- Hang out at Bryant Park
- Spend a day in Coney Island
- Watch a musical on Broadway
- Pay my respect at the 911 Memorial (Ground Zero)
- Visit Wall Street
- Visit Lincoln Center
- Take a photo in front of the Flatiron Building
- Go shopping in Fifth Avenue
- Visit Madison Square Garden
- Take a NYC taxi
- Watch the ball drop on New Years Eve
Some of these things maybe be silly, but what can I say. I want to experience it all!
It’s weird how while I was writing this I could remember things so vividly as if I had just been a few weeks ago, instead of 7 years ago. New York has always been a dream for me and I guess when something or someone or some place inspires you and when your dreams come true, you remember so much of it, every detail. A lot people think New York is over-rated, too hyped. I don’t know, there’s just something about New York that makes it so special. Maybe Friends, Gossip Girl and How I Met Your Mother had something to do with it too. Hahahaha! Until next time New York City, I’ll be back.