On my last day in Melbourne I spent half the day at Melbourne Zoo (click here to read about it!) and the other half of the day was shopping and a quick visit to the National Gallery of Victoria. It’s in Melbourne’s CBD and entrance is free so I thought I’ll go check it out for a little while.
Click the link to see some of the photos I took inside the Gallery.
- Operating Hours and Entrance
- Floor Guide of the National Gallery of Victoria
- What to see at the National Gallery of Victoria
- Asian Collection
- British and European Collection
- Contemporary Art and Design
- William Wegman: Being Human
- Julian Ope
- Need to save it for later? Pin it!
Operating Hours and Entrance
Address: 180 St Kilda Road, Melbourne
Open everyday 10am to 5pm
General entrance is FREE!
What to see at the National Gallery of Victoria
British and European Collection
Contemporary Art and Design
My favorite part of the Gallery – Level 3!
Sometimes the gallery will have special collections on display. Not all of them are free but the two I went to were. And they were great! I loved William Wegman’s collection because it was all about dogs! Hehe. Julian Ope’s collection was nice to look at as well. I loved the simplicity of it and the colors he used!
William Wegman: Being Human
As you can see, the gallery is massive! My feet were dying by the end of it. If you’re ever in the Melbourne CBD definitely go and check out the National Gallery of Victoria – you’ll find some beautiful pieces of art there 🙂 Link to their official website is here.
- Exploring Angkor Wat And Siem Reap
- National Gallery of Victoria
- Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne
- Queen Victoria Market Day
- Exploring Melbourne Zoo