A few months back now, my family took a short vacation to Catanduanes. One of the highlights of visiting Catanduanes, was seeing Binurong Point. It was so beautiful!
Click the read more tab below to see what we got up to.
How to get to Binurong Point?
The easiest way to get to the Binurong Point drop off is to hire a tricycle. Depending on your haggling skills and where you coming from it would cost you anywhere from Php 300 to Php 500.
Entrance – P10
Environmental Fee – P20
TOTAL: Php 30 each
*plus P10 parking fee for the tricycle
A guide will be assigned to you. There is no fixed guide fee but I would say minimum P200.
We were staying in Rakdell Inn and travel time to the drop off point in Brgy. Guinsaanan was around one hour by tricycle. We arrived at 7:40am, had a quick breakfast and we were on our way!
The trek is fairly easy and would take you around 20 to 30 minutes. For us, it took much longer because it was muddy and very slippery and also we didn’t bring the right shoes. We just had our flip flops on which was very hard to walk in; half way through we just took them off and went barefoot. Hehehe!
The rolling hills of Binurong Point! So beautiful and so picturesque. Every where you look is just stunning. We were also lucky that it wasn’t busy when we got there. We only saw one another group arriving as we were leaving.
Can’t get over how beautiful it is!
Just a few tips and reminders:
- Try to come early to avoid the afternoon heat
- Have a good meal before trekking
- Stay hydrated and bring snacks in case you get hungry while on the trek
- Wear sunblock and bring a hat
- Wear the right footwear! (Lesson learned hehehe)
- Be careful of course, don’t go anywhere without the guide knowing (it is a private property)
- Andddd of course, relax, just enjoy the view, enjoy the scenery, take photos for your memories and just have fun. 😛
- Petra, One of the Seven Wonders of the World
- Mount Nebo
- The Baptismal Site of Jesus Christ
- The Archaeological Site of Jerash
- Weekend Cruising – Not Your Average Weekend!